Friday, February 1, 2013

This is something new I tried, sewing curves. I actually did this before on a quilt for my daughter but didn't use this technique. Need to look at her quilt to figure out what how I did it then! Used some pretty batiks in magenta and orange.

Also tried this technique starting with a squarish piece, splicing into it at an angle and sewing in a sliver of a contrasting color. These are all done with recycled linens I have been stashing away! I needed to use it for something or get rid of it!

Then I put them together! Maybe the next step is putting some long wavy pieces between these panels? I like the contrast of the straight edges against the curves. Knowing my preferences, there will probably be some printmaking involved as this comes together and a splash of a blue or green!

No comments:

Post a Comment