Yikes! So exciting - ordered my sink today! No more working out of the bathroom sink and hunched over the bathtub when dyeing. My back will be happy!
Friday, February 27, 2015
Very exciting news....FINALLY found a contractor to do my studio renovation and demo starts next week!! I have been straight out during my school vacation this week, cleaning out 2 rooms and the hallway. Two walls coming down, stainless steel work sink being installed, lots of new overhead full-spectrum lighting and all new flooring and ceilings throughout the space! Below are some before and after pictures of the clean out I had to accomplish! Will add pictures as the reno gets going!
|A very full corner of the old studio....|
|After clean out!|
|The "study", ie the junk room!|
|Mostly cleaned out!|
|Hallway. Walls to either side are coming down! Old studio is on left, study on right.|
|Hallway cleaned out!|
|Some colors I am thinking about.|
Wednesday, February 18, 2015
|First piece on multi blue background.|
The theme is "Birds of a Feather". Well isn't that right up my alley! With a name like "Robin" I have collected feathers since I was a wee one, have a feather tattoo on my foot, and already had all of these feather stamps carved!
Finished piece can only be 9" x 9". Very small for me! So printed up these base pieces. Will start layering them with the batting and maybe play with some applique......
Finished pieces due early April.
|Close up of first piece.|
|Second piece on dark teal background.|
|Close up of second piece.|
|Third piece with hands.|
Saturday, February 14, 2015
Wednesday, February 4, 2015
So back in late summer I took in these lovely caterpillers to see what they would do. Upon some research I found out they were Black Swallowtail. They were found on some free growing parsley. Well, they built their chrysalis on a sick in the container. Information varied a little online on how long they would stay in that state, some said a few weeks others said they may winter over in the chrysalis. So I ignored them after a couple of weeks and stuck the stick in a plant in my bathroom. Well in the deep cold depths of a snowy spell they are now hatching! In the middle of winter! The first one did not seem to be able to fly. I named it Margarin and put some honey water in a bottle top in a container with some house plant cuttings. It did not seem to do much but did like walking around on my hand. It lasted about a week and a half. Now I have the second one, hatched 2 days ago. It is just hanging out on the branch next to it's chrysalis. So waiting to see if it will fly. Then I could maybe take it to hang out in a greenhouse at a local nursery. We'll see what happens!