Wednesday, February 18, 2015

First piece on multi blue background.
Have always wanted to send some work to one of the challenges I read about in my quilting and sewing magazines. These are three pieces I have started for a competition for a quilting magazine, called a "Readers Challenge".

The theme is "Birds of a Feather". Well isn't that right up my alley! With a name like "Robin" I have collected feathers since I was a wee one, have a feather tattoo on my foot, and already had all of these feather stamps carved!

Finished piece can only be 9" x 9". Very small for me! So printed up these base pieces. Will start layering them with the batting and maybe play with some applique......
Finished pieces due early April.
Close up of first piece.
Second piece on dark teal background.

Close up of second piece.

Third piece with hands.


Close up.

No comments:

Post a Comment