Saturday, January 24, 2015

Thought I would try using some Thermofax screens for some printmaking. Hadn't used in years, since I printed in art class with my students maybe 20 years ago. The tech teacher at my school has a thermofax machine and has been screen printing for a few years with his students. So asked him to make a couple of screens for me. Combined them with some matching rubber stamps and printed on some previously dyed and printed fabrics. Love the results!
Rubber stamp and thermofax screen prints over bleach discharge leaf prints.

Thermofax screen print.

Rubber stamp over traditional silk screen print.

Rubber stamp and thermofax prints over dyed and stamped fabric.

Thermofax prints over soy wax batik.

Three pieces together look pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment